Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blending In

I am facing a moral dilemna: I want to put a picture of my first real love note up for everyone to see, but I think that might be the wrong thing to do. I should respect the young person’s tender feelings for me.
But, I’m pretty sure that what he doesn’t know will never hurt him, and he certainly can’t read my blog, so, for all of your pleasure, I’m going to go with/against my gut (because my gut is always undecided) and show you my love note! It’s sweet. I’m pretty sure Google translator helped, because this boy doesn’t speak English very well.


I also want to clarify that the ostrich featured in my last posting is real and hated me, and wasn’t an oil painting as Sonja thought.
On Friday, my roomates and I will cumbia and shimmy our ways through our first Carnival parade in Barranquilla. I’ve played mas in Trinidad twice before, but never have I worn such a costume as the one I picked up yesterday. I will don a short red dress with white polka-dots, flounced up with tulle, with a fitted bodice and brought together with a little white be-hearted apron. I also have to wear black fish-nets, little ruffle “sleeves” on my arms, sparkley wristies, red hoop earings and a black afro with a big polka-dot bow. We did not chose the costume or the character, it was chosen for us, but even so, I’m a little embarassed...when in Barranquilla, do as the Barranquilleros. There are 30 or so of us in the section...We’ll be spectacular!


At Enira's mas camp

No comments:

Post a Comment