Thursday, December 30, 2010

Was it Cold? Yes!


I'm now about to write my second entry after arriving in the states 23 days ago...wow! So, you don't have to read this one, because I haven't really been anywhere, except for California, Pennsylvania and New York twice.

I am two days away from going to Colombia. I've spent this month revisiting my spectacular country, the USA.!

I visited California, briefly. Being in Oakland again was wonderful: Sonja brought me to the beloved Redwood Regional forest, we went to the restaurant Loló in San Francisco, we went to fun Stevie Wonder parties and the Farmer´s Market on Grand.

Sarah and I celebrated our birthdays (really Sarah's, it was a little premature to celebrate mine) in New York City. We were inspired by the clothes at Saks or some store like that to plan our next joint party...it's going to be amazing and glamerous!

I should not ignore my city of Cambridge just because it's so quiet and familiar. Walking down our streets (quieter than ever with the cold), it is easy to forget what this place offers to me. But there is nowhere else in the world where I feel so secure.
That being said, a month is a nice amount of time to be in the U.S.A., especially if it's split between these three great cities! The Bay Area and New York are so stimulating...a few days after Christmas, my family arrived in New York in the middle of a blizzard. Like anywhere else, snow muffled the usual sounds of the city. Taxis were pretty much immobilized, which reduces a good part of New York's action generally. BUT, the streets were still full of pedestrians AND the quiet snow-fall was accompanied by thunder and lightning rolling against the skyscrapers. Unusual and dramatic! Also unusual and dramatic were The Magic Flute and the 5 ft icicles threatening fur-covered Russian heads on 5th avenue.



No comments:

Post a Comment